Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Baseball

Our last baseball game of the season was last night.  I am not lying when I say that I am totally bummed that the season is over.  I will miss watching those games and running kids to practice.  I love watching Shawn and Bryson play catch in the back yard.  He's getting to be a pretty good little pitcher.  I love throwing the ball to Cutler at the other kids games.  He hits it almost every time, then he runs so fast around the imaginary bases.  Sometimes I get him out, and sometimes he outruns me and makes a homerun!  Jenika is super fun too, even though baseball is probably not her best talent.  She looks very very cute up to bat.  Sierra doesn't really play baseball (like her mother).  I kind of feel bad about that.  It's probably my fault, cause I kindof talked her out of playing....I didn't think that I could do FOUR kids in different baseball leagues!  Plus, she really does play baseball like her mother.  Poor girl.....

So, here's the run down:

Cutler had a great season...he can hit the ball, catch the ball, and throw the ball.  Highlights of the season include him hitting the ball and running strait to the pitcher's mound; and the dog-piles in the outfield because the kids were fighting over who got to catch the ball.  Seriously....seven or eight four year olds piled on top of one another, and when the coaches would peel the kids off one at a time, the one on the bottom would triumphantly hold up the ball - every time.  HILARIOUS!

Jenika learned a lot about baseball this year!  She found a really cute stance for the out field, and learned how to fix her hair in a pony tail - just right to fit through the little hole in her hat.  :)  Jenika finally hit the ball this year.  Actually, she hit the  ball a lot of times, but her best hits were when I wasn't at the game!  (With so many baseball games to watch, we had to split forces a lot)  She had fun, but I secretly think that the thing she will miss the most are the treats at the end of the game AND going to games and practice with her best baseball buddy.

Bryson's games were so very entertaining to watch.  Between the very hot tempered coach and the huge amount of improvement he made, I looked forward to those games - especially when the weather was warm.

 The highlights of his season include....Bryson finally figured out how to get a good hit off of a pitcher; the coach got kicked out of one game for yelling at the ump; and Bryson got to pitch during the last game!  He did a great job too.  He only walked one or two players the whole time!  He has really practiced hard this year and has improved a great deal.




So, I am a little sad to see the season end, but we have all kinds of things to fill our extra time up with, and now that the summer has actually arrived in Idaho, we will definitely find things to fill it up with!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I wish I could have seen all your kids play. If they are anything like you...it has got to be entertaining:) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete