Sunday, July 5, 2015

April

April must have been a busy month because I don't remember it! :)  That is why I wanted to blog weekly in the first place... my memory is filled up with everything that is happening right now so there is no room for remembering. :)

I do remember some highlights (or lowlights):

Easter and General Conference were the same weekend this month.  We love listening to the words of our prophets and we were happy to spend the weekend in Pocatello with my family.

April was tax month.  :( For the second time in our married lives (last year was the first) we had to pay taxes and it was a lot.  We were a little bummed out.  But we do feel blessed because while we had to drain our savings account to make the payments, we were able to do it.  So Shawn and I sulked for a couple of days, then we picked ourselves up and carried on.

Bryson talked Shawn into getting another puppy.  I did not approve this acquisition, but he is very cute, and we named him Gunner.


I was offered a job teaching fourth grade at Farnsworth.  I actually never finished my application even.  The district called and asked me to come sign a blank intent to teach form and a few weeks later, they called to offer me a position in fourth grade.  I was very excited about the position.  I would be team teaching with an excellent math teacher and the class sizes would be fairly small.  This, however, was not meant to be.... they called back again a few weeks later and said that they had made some mistakes with the numbers and I could either choose Kindergarten, First, or Fifth.  I chose fifth.  I will be at the same school as Cutler and Brielle will help her Daddy during the day.  I hope she eats healthy!

Shawn purchased a golf pass this year and is determined to make it worth it.  So he golfed quite a bit in April and was invited to play on a tournament team.

Sierra tried out for cheerleading for next year.  She new there would be tough competition so she worked really hard to hit her back handspring.  She did her running and her standing during the tryout and she made it!  She will be a varsity cheerleader next year for Rigby High School!

Bryson did a "Riverworld" project in Social Studies.  He built an imaginary city along the Snake River.  He started golfing with Shawn and is actually enjoying it.  He also started playing touch football.  He loves to be busy! :)

Jenika jump roped, Cutler golfed, and Brielle played with Gabby all month too.  We love these kids and love watching them learn and grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment