Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sisters Trip

I have THE best family in the whole world.  My mom took my sisters and I to Utah for our somewhat annual sisters trip.  We stayed at The Country Inn and Suites which is a really great hotel for two nights. For the first day, we set up our sewing machines and irons and sewed purses.  Seriously.....My mom had purchased fabric and all the extras for each of us at The Ribbon Retreat in Shelly, and we just worked together assembling the most amazing purses ever.  They pretty much took us all day long.  We broke for lunch and ate at the Lion House (delicious), then got right back to work.  We sewed until after midnight, and then woke up to finish the last to bags.  I know - they took an extremely long time, but the bags were totally worth it, and it was lots of fun to spend time together.

After the purses were finished, we got dressed up and went shopping with our new purses.  My mom even filled our purses with a little (OK, a lot) of cash so our hubbies wouldn't ground us from future sisters' trips.

We shopped and ate at Olive Garden, and then we went to Mamma Mia at the Capital Theater.  It was amazing, and the best part of the show was the end because the cast did a little Abba concert with the some of the songs from the show.  The whole audience was dancin' and groovin' to the music.  Gotta love Abba!


We drove home that night with a renewed appreciation for three S's.  Sisters, shopping, and sewing (What else?).  I know it's Father's Day weekend and all (that post is coming), but my mom is most defiantly the BEST, COOLEST, mom in the world.  She is even cool enough to wear blingy jeans (which she bought on our trip).  Thanks Mom and sisters!  We had the "time of our lives"!

No comments:

Post a Comment