Monday, February 16, 2015

February 8, 2015 - Sierra is Driving! and Some Valentines Love



Sierra is driving!!! Sierra took both her skills test and her written text on Friday and she is driving!!! Truth be told, I am both scared out of my mind and so excited that I am jumping up and down for joy!  I think she feels the same way.  She will enjoy her new independence and I think she is ready for the added responsibility.  Now, to find her a job??? :)


The after school program at the elementary schools started up this week.  I have been busy getting classes put together and finding teachers.  I am excited to have about 13 BYU-I students come this way to teach classes.  I hope that it will be a continuing part of our program because so far, they are awesome!!  Cutler is taking a "Mission Impossible" class and Jenika is feeling extra important because she is teaching a jump rope class.  One Wednesday down and five to go!

This week I sent (actually, I drove one of the teams) Alysa Love on a birthday scavenger hunt.  It was a little stressful to get the clues written and set up, but driving the girls was lots of fun, and hilarious.  Girls that age are just so funny and they loved it!  Then the very next day, I sent Whitney Love on a date scavenger hunt for a girls' choice Valentines Dance.  I don't know if they could possibly have as much fun as the 11 year old girls.... I think they were probably too busy trying to impress their dates to enjoy themselves looking like goofballs.

Basketball (Bryson's, Cutler's, and the highshcool), gym, cheer, jump rope, America's Hope, skiing, and violin lessons certainly filled up the rest of this week.  Valentines day was Saturday and so after the games, we went to Broulim's got sushi, chicken for the kids, chocolate covered strawberries, and a couple of movies for a fun night in.  It was just lovely. :)
Bryson, Kiegan, and Christian getting ready for skiing

In honor of Valentines Day, here is a Valentine's Day love post for all the people I love:

I love Sierra! She is patient, and beautiful.  She doesn't ever stress out too much, and she is always ready to give a hand to others.

I love Bryson!  He is determined and motivated.  He takes the things he does very seriously and wants to be good.  He loves his mom and is always willing to give her a great hug!

I love Jenika!  She is sympathetic toward others and is very responsible.  She is beautiful and she is always concerned with the feelings of others and she knows how to include them.

I love Cutler! He is enthusiastic and happy.  He feels everything intensely and he expresses himself with power.  He loves the company of his mom and gives great hugs.

I love Brielle!  She is the best gift ever!  She is cute and fun and so entertaining.  Her imagination is large and so is her energy level.  Mom is her favorite person in the world!

I love Shawn!  He is strong and smart and good.  He works so hard to make sure that we have the things we need and he supports me in all of my crazy ambitions.  He knows how to have fun and how to keep me balanced.  He is intensely loyal to our family and loves us all deeply.

I love my Heavenly Father, for He has given me the best family!  I am so blessed that they are all my Valentines!


No comments:

Post a Comment